Neovim 0.5.0 breaks many plugins (nightly didn't)

I just upgraded via asdf from nightly to 0.5.0 and now I’m seeing the following when running nvim :confused:

Error detected while processing /home/jesse/.config/nvim/init.lua:
E5113: Error while calling lua chunk: ...ck/paqs/start/plenary.nvim/lua/plenary/async_lib/lsp.lua:8: attempt to index field 'lsp' (a nil value)
Error detected while processing /home/jesse/.local/share/nvim/site/pack/paqs/start/neogit/plugin/neogit.vim:
line    6:
E5108: Error executing lua ...vim/site/pack/paqs/start/neogit/lua/neogit/bootstrap.lua:16: loop or previous error loading module 'neogit'
Error detected while processing /home/jesse/.local/share/nvim/site/pack/paqs/start/nvim-lspconfig/plugin/lspconfig.vim:
line   18:
E5108: Error executing lua ...te/pack/paqs/start/nvim-lspconfig/lua/lspconfig/util.lua:11: attempt to index local 'lsp' (a nil value)
Error detected while processing function <SNR>40_refresh:
line    4:
E5108: Error executing lua .../start/neogit/lua/neogit/buffers/git_command_history.lua:2: loop or previous error loading module 'neogit.lib.git'
Error detected while processing BufEnter Autocommands for "*":
E5108: Error executing lua ...k/paqs/start/nvim-tree.lua/lua/nvim-tree/diagnostics.lua:6: attempt to index field 'lsp' (a nil value)
Press ENTER or type command to continue

I tried uninstalling every version of neovim and using the 0.5.0 nvim.appimage but no luck. Everything was fine yesterday. I looked at each of the failing projects and did not see that anyone else had these issues, which makes me think something is seriously wonky.

This is the exact version of my init.lua that I’m running. I’ve also rm'd all the plugins and did a fresh :PaqInstall to no avail.

Thanks for your help debugging this! I’m currently commenting out everything and will add back things incrementally.

One line that I would think would continue working is:

local capabilities = vim.lsp.protocol.make_client_capabilities()
Error detected while processing /home/jesse/.config/nvim/init.lua:
E5113: Error while calling lua chunk: /home/jesse/.config/nvim/init.lua:359: attempt to index field 'lsp' (a nil value)

Hmm, this might be a paq thing. When I try this all with packer it works fine. False(ish) alarm!