Tailwind CSS' language server blocks buffer input

Hi there! I noticed that Tailwind’s server makes buffer input uncomfortably laggy. To be more specific, it happens when I edit class attribute on any HTML tag. It feels like LSP completion is synchronous in this case and input just blocks until the completion is ready. I haven’t noticed this behaviour with any other server.

I recorded a small video that demonstrates it. Notice that actually I typed quite fast, but the input is very laggy.

I should note that I also have tsserver and null-ls (for prettier) enabled. Disabling them makes no difference though.

For autocompletion I use nvim-cmp. Link to my config.

I have the same issue. Is there anything we can do about this?

@teenjuna any chance you found a solution? I am also facing the same issue…every project with tailwindcss on board feels very laggy.

Nope, I just stopped using the extension :frowning:

Hmm, are you using anything else for the classnames? Or are you doing tailwind now without any autocomplete?

I was searching for a possibility to include stubs in the css-lsp so that I’d at least have the tailwind classes as suggestions…thats basically all I am after. But I couldnt make anything work, didn’t even find such stubs…probably not a good idea.