Unable to map ctrl+UpArrow to resize window vertically

I want to use ctrl + arrow keys to resize windows created from window splitting, following this video by DistroTube.

" use arrow keys to resize windows 
noremap <silent> <C-Left>  :vertical resize +3<CR>
noremap <silent> <C-Right> :vertical resize -3<CR>
noremap <silent> <C-Up>    :resize +3<CR> 
noremap <silent> <C-Down>  :resize -3<CR>   

The above works well in Windows 10. However, in my terminal in Mac OS only ctrl+Left and ctrl+Right are working for resizing window width, and Ctrl+Up and ctrl+Down don’t resize window height as expected. Instead, they result in the cursor moving up or down.

User Mars_kritiqual on reddit suggested me to use nnoremap instead of noremap, and swap the key mappings for and as shown below.

" use arrow keys to resize windows                                                                                                                                
nnoremap <silent> <C-Left>  :vertical resize +3<CR>                                                                                                               
nnoremap <silent> <C-Right> :vertical resize -3<CR>                                                                                                               
nnoremap  <C-Up>            :resize -3<CR>                                                                                                                                
nnoremap  <C-Down>          :resize +3<CR>  

However, it still doesn’t work for the and key mappings.

May I ask if I missed anything here, especially relevant to the Mac OS system?

Thanks.

PS: Strangely, all four key mappings shown above work well inside vscode’s terminal which is the same (zsh) terminal of the Mac OS system by default…

If I had to guess, it’s likely the mac terminal uses those hotkeys itself. I know with Alacritty I had to override the key binding of ctrl+shift+j in its config for example in order to use it.

I use the same key maps on linux with kitty terminal and it works.

Thanks. But I couldn’t find any keybindings for “ctrl + up arrow”, or “ctrl + down arrow” for terminal in Mac OS as shown here.

I know that Kitty is also available for the Mac. You could try it out to compare the difference and see if it works then.