VS Code-like remote development over SSH

Hi,

I’ve been learning (Neo)VIM over the past week so far it’s been an awesome experience. Most of my work is on remote servers and my main development environment is VS Code with Remote SSH/Tunnel plugin. I would like to build a similar setup in VIM. Right now I SSH to the remote server where I’ve setup Neovim, but it has limitations like I cannot copy to system clipboard this way (works on a local Neovim installation).

I could not find relevant documentation or blogs on how to setup a local instance of NeoVIM (could be NeoVIM-Qt or Neovide) and connect it to the one running on the server. Is this possible? For the life of me I could not understand this section in the documentation Remote - Neovim docs Sorry if my question is too noob and I would appreciate the help! Thanks :slight_smile:

Relevant plugin:

I would assume that it should just work according to some of the examples at the bottom of the linked docs section. Set up a server running on the remove with --listen <ip>:<port> --headless and connect using nvim-qt --server <ip>:<port>? I don’t use the Qt version so let me know if it doesn’t work.

Also, to receive faster responses, please see:

This looks really interesting, I will definitely check it out, thanks!